Some users have experienced issues when they try to open apps on their iPhone. In most cases, the apps affected are Snapchat and Facebook, which happen to be very popular. However, it is possible that are unable to open other apps on your iPhone. If you are unable to open apps on your iPhone, this article will help as we will discuss how to fix this issue.
Problems with Facebook
You may have been checking your Facebook when the app closed all of the sudden and now it isn’t opening. If this or something similar is happening in your case, you can try a few simple tricks offered by Facebook itself.
- The first thing that you can do is to restart the iPhone and then open Facebook. If the problem persists, move to the next solution.
- Uninstalling the Facebook app and then downloading it and installing it again, may work. If this doesn’t help, the best option would be to report the problem directly to Facebook from the web browser on your device. You can go to m.facebook.com/help
If the above tricks didn’t get the issue resolved, you still have other options. Some Facebook users had success with the below solutions.
- Go to Settings and then select the Facebook app.
- Scroll down to delete your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook app and sign in.
- Once you have done that, go to Settings, select Facebook app and then you will be able to add your account information again.
While the above may work in some cases, it is possible that you run into some issues and complicate things further by deleting the account. In that case, as mentioned before, you may need to reach out to Facebook’s support team.
Problems with Snapchat
Snapchat is a very popular and fun app. Being unable to open the app on your iPhone can be very frustrating. For some users, the issue appears after they have updated the app but there are other scenarios that may cause the problem.
- The most obvious would be that your internet connection is slow or has been interrupted.
- You may have an older version of Snapchat
- The app may have crashed
- The connection to iTunes is not working correctly
- You have done a restore, but the process hasn’t completed
Now that you know the possible causes of the issue, you can follow the below steps to fix the issue.
- The first thing would be to check if your internet connection is working corrcetly. Try other apps or websites to confirm this.
- Uninstall Snapchat from your iPhone.
- Install the latest version of iTunes
- Connect your iPhone and then restore the device selecting “Restore”.
- Restart your iPhone
- Install the latest version of Snapchat
The above steps are provided by the Snapchat support team and they are meant to help you to resolve the issue. If these instructions don’t work, you may restart your device and reinstall the Snapchat app, syncing the app from iTunes.