Dell-EMC proven professional provides certification on data protection, storage, cloud, networking, servers and more. Being proven implies investing and formally validating the knowledge expertise and skills.
DES-1D11 professional certification provides specialist certification of a strong understanding of Dell EMC midrange solutions for Dell EMC Unity and SC Series. This certification is for those professionals who work on EMC Unity and SC Series arrays.
The exam tests the knowledge of an individual on sizing, positioning and designing the midrange storage solution in a client environment. This includes greater understanding of SC Series and Dell EMC Unity product configurations, design considerations, functionality and best practices.
To achieve this certification, you must complete achieving one of the below certifications:
- Information Storage and Management V1.0
- Information Storage and Management V2.0
- Information Storage and Management V3.0
- The exam duration for this certification is 120 minutes.
- There will be 60 questions in the exam.
- The passing score of the exam is 60.
- You can schedule the exam in any of the Pearson VUE centers using the link – https://home.pearsonvue.com/dellemc
The products the exam certifies
The products which may be referred in the exam are:
- Dell EMC Unity (Hybrid, VSA and All-Flash Array)
- SC Series
- The technology-focused approach addresses principles and concepts that can be applied in all IT domains.
- Role-based exams cover the full range of Dell EMC’s hardware, solutions, and software.
- Dell-EMC certification is the new way of determining the knowledge and performing and being proven in the technology.
Tips to clear the DES-1D11 Exam
EMC has recently updated the syllabus DES-1D11 exam. The revised syllabus focuses on the candidate’s knowledge in midrange storage solutions and unity data protection. Dell EMC provides practice tests that are hugely beneficial for the candidates. The results of the practice test indicate your preparation level and highlight the sections where you need to study to clear the actual certification.
Although, it must not be mistaken that passing practice test will guarantee your success in real exam. You can also follow Premium dumps as they provide good preparatory materials for the exams and provides 100% money back guarantee. They have updated their exams periodically with the latest syllabus and have a team of experts who design the question which will give a real feel of the DES-1D11 certification exam and help you become an EMC Technology Architect and Midrange Storage Solutions certified specialist.
Exam Preparatory links
There are a number of resources you can find in the web for DES-1D11 exam, below are the few noteworthy:
- Dell-EMC practice tests
These tests are really good preparatory materials and will help in clearing the exam at the first attempt
- Premium dumps
The premium dumps are good preparatory materials and provide great practice test for the candidate
- Aio Testking is also an ultimate source of exam having bundle pack materials and easy formats and make your preparation easy.
The topics that will be covered in this exam are:
Dell EMC Midrange Architectures (25%)
- Understanding of the Unity tools (e.g. Storage media options, enclosures, I/O Components, etc.)
- Explanation of Unity storage devices and characteristics (e.g., RAID functions, dynamic pools)
- Identification and description of connectivity options, SC Series storage resources (e.g., HDD options, RAID, SSD, Consistency Groups), and use cases
- Identifying and describing the different controller functions present in the SC Series models.
Dell EMC Midrange Product Solutions (42%)
- Identification of key things of the SC Series OS
- Explain SC Series multi-platform facsimile functionality and use cases
- Illustrate the provisioning and accessibility of Unity storage; including Files, Block, and VMware datastores
- Identifying the Unity updated features for Block storage; e.g., D@RE, thin clones, the host I/O limit accessibility, FAST Suite
- Identification of Unity premium functions for File storage; e.g., Advanced Static Routing, IP Packet Reflect, IP Multi-tenancy, etc.
- Description and Identification of Unity Data saving (e.g., Replication, Snapshots, and Snapshot Replication structure)
- A detailed description of Unity Data Mobility functions, use cases, and requirements
- Comparison for the Unity and SC Series items
Dell EMC Midrange Best Practices, Design, and Sizing (33%)
- Application of Dell EMC midrange great experience recommendations for system, storage, data service, and host application configurations
- To identify and explain the measurement and designs for Unity and SC Series features
- The measurement and designing of a midrange solution for security, capacity, performance, and resilience should be identified
- Explanation of the data collecting methods for sizing and designing of an SC Series solution
- To identify the various resources and tools for sizing and designing ofSC Series and Unity Solutions
- Explanation of sizing the SC Series solution which have Tiers 1-3, storage, back-end and front-end connections, requirements and common use cases
Dell-EMC proven professional program establishes a solid understanding of Dell EMC unity and SC series system. The majority of candidates gets confused on how to pass this exam as preparation for this exam requires a good amount of practice EMCTA training. In addition, you have to study hard with Specialist, Technology Architect | Midrange Storage Solutions study material. As for me, I recommend to use all the sources you’ll find to prepare sufficiently for the exam. Complete training courses as they are comprehensive and detailed, study the updated and valid exam dumps, as well as guide books.
This certification is not easy and requires a good amount of hard work. Follow the guidelines provided in the article and surely you will clear the exam at the first attempt.