While Windows is the leading desktop operating system, there have been many concerns regarding its security. Still, over the years, Microsoft has worked to address the vulnerabilities of its platform and there were significant improvements implemented on Windows 10. The additional features include protection with text password, picture password, PIN and fingerprints. Thanks to password protection, you can prevent unauthorized access to your computer. The issue with using a difficult password and changing it on a regular basis is that you may end up forgetting it, which can be devastating, particularly when you need urgent access to the information stored in your computer.
If you don’t enter the right password, you won’t be able to use your computer, which will affect your productivity. Thankfully, there are ways to bypass Windows 7/8/10 login password so that you can still access your data and work on your computer, even if you can’t remember the password. Let’s take a look at three methods that you can try for this purpose.
Option 1 – Bypass Windows 10/8 password via Online Service (No Software required)
On Windows 8 and 10, you have the option to protect the computer with Microsoft account and use it for login. If you have selected Microsoft as your default account type, then it is possible to reset the account’s password and use the new password for logging in.
- From your device, go to the following link using your web browser: https://account.live.com/password/reset
- Choose the “I Forgot My Password” and go to the following page
- Enter the email address and select how to get the verification code
- Enter the code that you previously received on your phone, or recovery email and then go to the last page.
- Set a new password for Microsoft account and save it. Reboot your computer and use the new password to access your computer.
Note: Keep in mind that the above doesn’t work for old computers running Windows 7 or Windows Vista/XP, since this feature is not available to them. Even with Windows 10 or Windows 8, it can’t be applied in all cases, unless you have signed in with Microsoft account on that PC. If the first option doesn’t work for you, you can try the below alternatives.
Option 2 – Bypass Windows Login Password via Reinstallation
This method will not only remove the password, but will also wipe all the data in your main disk. It is only suitable for people who don’t mind losing the data, or who have created a backup. Below are the steps to reinstall Windows operating system:
- First you need to insert the Windows operating system disc on your computer and reboot it. In case you don’t have the origin installation disk, you can download the Windows ISO from Microsoft website and burn it to USB or DVD.
- Allow some time for the Windows installation window to show and then click on Install Now to proceed.
- Follow the steps on the setup wizard to install Windows on your C drive.
- Go to System Tools after the Parted Magic is loaded and then go to System Tools and select Windows Password.
- Allow some time until the installation is complete. Keep in mind that your computer will be restarted multiple times throughout the prices.
Option 3 – Bypass Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista with PazzMoz LabWin
In order to reset Windows login password easily and without losing your data, then you need to opt for professional Windows password recovery software. PassMoz LabWin is the recommended solution. This is a smart and powerful Windows password recovery tool that is capable of removing login password from any Windows PC. All the data in your computer remains intact and only the password is changed. PazzMoz LabWin works with Windows 7/8/10 and even XP and Vista. The tool works without issues with 32 Bit and 64 Bit, as well. It is capable of removing passwords from all types of accounts including administrator and local users. Here are the steps that you need to follow in this method:
- Download and install PazzMoz LabWin. One thing to keep in mind is that for this method, you need a separate Windows computer to be able to install PazzMoz LabWin and make a bootable password reset disk. An option would be to borrow a computer from someone. You only need it to create the password reset disk, which should only take a few minutes after all.
- Now you need to create Windows Password Reset with USB Disk or CD/DVD. Open PazzMoz LabWin and plug in a USB stick or CD/DVD to the second computer you are using. The next step is to select the removal disk name and click on Burn USB or Burn CD/DVD so that you can create a password reset disk. When the bootable password reset disk is completed, you will get a pop up message and you will be able to remove the USB stick from the second computer.
- By default, the boot media is set to hard drive on all PCs. In order to be able to load the password reset program and reset the password, you need to change the default settings. You can easily change boot order via boot menu or BIOS settings, depending on your computer.
- Now you need to insert the bootable disk to your computer and boot it with the USB flash drive. When the password reset tool is loaded on your display monitor, you first need to select the Windows version that you are using at the moment, such as Windows 8 and choose the username that is locked at the moment. Then, click on “Reset Password” and reboot your computer.
That is all, now you won’t need to enter a password to access your computer anymore.