JoyToKey is a practical option to control gamepad/ joystick on your PC running Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. It supports a wider range of configurations and allows you to customize the settings. It can also be used to configure and use your gaming console controllers (including PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Remote Wii controllers) on your computer. JoyToKey allows you to use your favorite joysticks to controlweb games and applications on Windows, because it enables PC game controllers to emulate the keyboard and mouse input. In this guide, you will learn how to configure JoyToKey so that you can use gaming controllers gamepads on your PC.
How to set up JoyToKey on Windows
- The first thing that you need to do is to connect your gamepad/joystick to your computer and install the Gamepad drivers.
- The next step is to download JoyToKey from http://joytokey.net and then extract JoyToKey to the location where you want to keep it. JoyToKey doesn’t require installation as it works as a extract and run app.
- Once you have extracted JoyToKey, connect your gamepad controller or joystick to the computer and run the application (JoyToKey.exe). You will see a window and there you can press any key/push analog on your gamepad. This will be highlighted in yellow. Then connect your gamepad.
How to map Keyboard input/ mouse controls with JoyToKey
It is possible to start mapping your keyboard inputs/mouse controls to the gamepad buttons and analog, once you have seen the highlighted labels. Follow the below instructions:
- Double left click on the Joystick 1 elements – Stick 1 <-, Button 1, Button 2. Alternatively, select each element manually and click on the “Edit button assignment” option.
- When you select the button/stick on the gamepad profile, you will be asked to provide the corresponding keyboard input/mouse control.
- In order to assign keyboard input, you need to select the keyboard label on the top. Then enter the corresponding keyboard stroke that you want to assign to the joystick/gamepad button selected.
- It is also possible to assign mouse control options. To do this, select the function category as Mouse and the select the mouse cursor/pointer control that should be assigned to the pointer options values. The cursor movement to the left, minus or negative, is used for left mouse movement. Moved to the right, it indicates right hand side movement. If it moves to the top is positive and to move to the bottom is negative. It is also possible to checkmark the corresponding mouse click options that are highlighted in green to emulate mouse click on your gamepad.
- Click OK to confirm your keyboard/ mouse input selection to map to joystick/gamepad. Once you have mapped all the inputs, you just need to click on OK to save the gamepad settings. You can also configure a second joystick on JoyToKey so that you can use two joysticks/gamepads on the same PC and emulate keyboard/mouse actions. With teh help of JoyToKey, you will be able to play PC games easily, using the gamepad/joystick that you prefer.