If you have previously associated your phone number to your Facebook account and you need to remove it or change it, in this simple guide, you will find out how to do it. It is possible to delete your phone number from your Facebook account whether you use iPhone, Android or Blackberry.
If needed, you can replace the phone number with a new one. In addition, you can adjust the settings to choose who can see your phone number on your Facebook profile. You can ensure that only you can see it, or allow it to be visible for your friends or public. Through custom settings, you can make sure that only certain friends can see the number.
It is also possible to add multiple mobile numbers on your Facebook account. If you don’t want anyone to see your phone number, the best option would be to select “Only me” in the security settings of your Facebook profile. Alternatively, you can try the below steps to remove the phone number from Facebook on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in to your Facebook account on your mobile device
- Tap on the three horizontal lines icon that appears at the top right side corner. Then select Facebook profile page.
- Tap on About and then on Contact info.
- Tap on Edit to remove the phone number from your Facebook profile
- Your phone number will be listed under Mobile phones. You can tap on “Remove mobile phones in Account Settings”. Then select “Remove” in registered phones.
- Facebook will ask you to confirm if you really want to remove your phone number from your account. In order to proceed, you will need to enter your Facebook password and press Remove Phone.
- You will receive a confirmation code that you will need to enter. Once the confirmation code is entered, your phone number will be removed from Facebook. As you can see, the process is very simple and it will be very helpful if you prefer not to have your phone number linked to your Facebook account.