In order to view options like web inspector, webpage source code, web inspector, snippet editor and error console in Safari, it is necessary to activate Safari Develop menu. In this article, you will find the steps that you need to follow to enable Safari Develop so that you can access page source code.
Viewing page source code in Safari
- Go to Safari menu, then to Preferences, followed by Advanced.
- Check the option that says “Show Develop menu in the menu bar”. Then close Safari preferences.
If you want to view any webpage source code, you can do the below:
- Option 1: Open webpage in Safari and select Develop menu, then Show Page Source.
- Option 2: Right click on the web page and select “Show page source” option.
- Option 3: Use this keyboard short cut to see webpage source code: Command+Option+U
The above works on the latest and old versions of macOS.