How to backup Google Chrome bookmarks
It is likely that the last thing you think about when it comes to backing up your data are bookmarks. Most of us would give priority to photos, documents, videos and similar data and tend to dismiss bookmarks. The problem is that we realize how important they are when it is already too late. Once your bookmarks are gone, you will face the daunting task of having to get them back, which can take a lot of time. Prevention is a better approach and thankfully, backing up your Google Chrome bookmarks is very simple. There are two methods to do it and here you will find out how.
Method 1: Sync Bookmarks to Google
By connecting Chrome to your Google account, your profile is automatically synced to the cloud. All your bookmarks, open tabs, passwords and anything else, will be included. Here is what you can do.
- Click the Chrome button at the top right hand corner of the screen
- Sign in to Chrome
- Enter your Google account information. That is all. Now your bookmarks should be synced to the cloud
Method 2: Export your bookmarks manually
- Click the Chrome menu button
- Select Bookmarks and click Bookmark Manager
- Then select Export Bookmarks to HTML file under the Organize drop-down menu
- Select a secure location to save your Chrome bookmarks. This is all you need to do in order to back them up. You can easily import the HTML file that was exported into another Chrome installation, using the import option available in the Bookmarks menu.