Best Drawing Tablets for Mac (Pro, Mini & iMac)
There are a lot of tablets that are compatible with Mac OS which makes it confusing and difficult to choose from. Moreover, there are numerous uses of Mac tablets for example, for business, work, it could be used for leisure and creativity such as drawing. Do not worry as through this article, you would no longer get confused as we have came up with a list of best Drawing Tablets for Mac – pro, mini and iMac.
Best Drawing Tablets for Mac
Wacom Intuos Pro
This tablet has been specifically designed as a drawing tablet creator. Moreover, it works well with Mac. It is perfect for those who love doing photo editing. In fact, it is best tablet for photoshop.
- It comes with pressure sensitivity of 8192 which is perfect for drawing
- Pen and paper feel
- Allows you to draw heavy and thin strokes
- Even if your palm touches the screen, it will ensure that there won’t be anything that would bother your drawing. This is due to its touch rejection feature.
- Pen uses Bluetooth and USB cable
- It comes in different sizes such as small, medium and large
- Takes time to adjust sensitivity
- Rough drag
Hulon H420 USB
This tablet comes with pen for Macbooks. In fact, it is ideal for beginner artists. It is compatible with many drawing apps such as adobe, illustrator, Fireworks, 3D Max, Autodesk Maya and many more.
- Smooth strokes, responds well to changes in pressure
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Option to set the screen size to match display
- Buttons in pen to control graphics program
- Drawing glow for you to be able to hold the pen comfortably
- Screen size is small
- Cannot tweak sensitivity or pressure setting
- Connection is possible with USB cable
- Suitable for beginners
This tablet is a great drawing pad option for Mac. It comes with sensitivity and has a large drawing surface. It is affordable as it is priced less than 100 dollars.
- Large drawing surface of 10″ x 6.24″
- Comes with rechargeable battery option
- Pen could be connected with a wire
- Adjustable level pressure sensitivity
- Could draw thin and thick lines
- Allows users to customize eight express keys and 16 hotkeys to speed up work.
- Pen is sturdy
- Feels fussy while working
- Does not give great experience to professionals
XP-Pen G430S OSU
This tablet is perfect for those who are looking for a tablet that is compatible with mac. It is affordable. In fact, this tablet does not only work as a graphic tablet, but also as a perfect replacement for conventional mouse. Overall, this tablet is perfect for those who are on a budget.
- Uninterrupted drawing flow
- Does not require battery and free from recharging problems
- Pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels
- Metallic finish
- Price is above $20
- Setup is easy and simple
- Suitable for professional level drawings
- No control button on pen to adjust
Apple iPad Pro
This tablet is perfect for drawing purposes. It comes in 10.5″ and 12.9″ display which means it is just a little bigger than an A4 sheet of paper. Its thickness is 6.9mm. Moreover, it is easily available in the market.
- Matches professional level of drawing
- Control level is impressive
- Pressure sensitivity is pretty much amazing
- Latency is below 20 ms
- Screen is a little bit small for drawing purposes
- It is on the expensive side
Buying Guide on Drawing Tablet for Macs
This factor is something you should check. We highly suggest for you to get one that has at least pressure sensitivity of up to 8192.
Since you are looking for a drawing tablet, it would be better to get one that has bigger screen size.
Of course check one that is within your budget but at the same time would provide you features that would suit your needs.
This is one of the most important factors you must look into. There are some tablets that come with USB cable and some have two way connectivity through Bluetooth and USB.
Good graphics tablets have keyboard shortcuts which allows you to work quickly.