How to block unknown callers on iPhone and iPad
Unknown calls can be a nuisance, particularly when you are getting them a lot of them. Luckily, it is possible to prevent them and enjoy your iPhone and iPad without having to deal with unwanted calls. iOS users can easily block a number by going to Settings, then Phone and selecting Blocked. However, in order to block an unknown caller, you would have to create a contact for that call first. Here we will go through the simple ways in which you can avoid calls from an unknown caller.
- Open the Settings App and then turn “do not disturb” on Manual
- Select the option to only allow calls from your contacts list
- Don’t allow repeated calls within 3 minutes. When you select this option, even if the unknown caller tries to reach out to you repeatedly, the calls won’t get through.
- Go to recent calls on your iPhone. Get the call info and use the copy feature available on “Unknown Caller”.
- Go to Contacts. Select the + sign to add a new contact.
- Using the faster feature, fill in fields such as first name, last name, company and phone number. Hit Done.
- Now, you will be able to block the caller.
- You can get a silent ringtone and set it as the default ringtone on your iPhone.
- Go to My contacts and select a different ringtone for your contacts. This will ensure that calls from an unknown number don’t ring.
You can copy UNKNOWN and paste it into blocked caller list. You won’t need to enter the number.
Another way to stop receiving annoying calls from unknown contacts is to use an application like TrapCall, which prevents “No Caller ID” calls.