How to deactivate your Facebook Account on Android
Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family, specially if they live far way from you. However, at times Facebook becomes a nuisance and we end up spending too much time replying to messages, checking notifications and so on. If you want to take a break from Facebook and focus on other important tasks, deactivating your account may be the best choice. You don’t need to permanently delete the account as it is possible to deactivate it temporarily. You can choose to get the account automatically reactivated after a few days.
This is a practical solution when you need to study for your exams, complete crucial projects at works, or disconnect during your holidays. When you deactivate your Facebook account, your profile will be disabled and your name, photo and most posts and activities will be removes. Some details may still be available and your name may still appear on the friends’ lists of your contacts and on the messages you sent. However, the Facebook pages and groups that you created, will be deleted. Here you will find the steps that you can follow to deactivate your Facebook account using the Android app.
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android device and log in to your account
- Tap on the three horizontal lines that appear at the top right side of the screen
- Tap on Account Settings under the Help & Settings category
- Then select Security and Deactivate. Once you tap on deactivate, you will be asked to enter your password again for security
- Enter your Facebook login password in the required field and then tap on Continue. Facebook will ask you to confirm if you want to deactivate the account
- You will also need to select a reason why you are deactivating your account. A list of options will appear (including “this is temporary, I’ll be back” or “I have a privacy concern”) and you can choose the one you prefer
- Tap on Deactivate. You will see a message letting you know that the account deactivation was successful
It is possible to set the account to be automatically reactivated within 1 to 7 days. You can also activate the account again by logging in to Facebook, using your email address and password.