How to delete a photo album from your iPhone
If you want to get back some space on your iPhone, or simply need to delete a photo album that you don’t need anymore, you can follow the below steps to remove it.
- Open the Photos app and select Albums, which you will see at the bottom right corner of the window. Once you do this, you will see all the photo albums available on the device.
- Tap Edit at the top right corner of the window. The albums that you created on your iPhone will show a red circle on the left. Tap the red circle and the select the Delete option that is displayed. After you do this, the album will be removed from the device.
Keep in mind that if a photo album appeared on your iPhone once you synced with iTunes on your computer, it may not be possible to delete it using the above mentioned steps. Given that iTunes created the album, you probably will have to use iTunes to delete it. You can do the following:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Choose your iPhone from the Devices list and then select the Photos tab that appears near the top right of the window.
- A “Sync Photos from” option will appear and it will enable you to select a folder on your computer that you can use to sync photos.
- Check if the folder that appears on the drop-down menu has the same name of the album that you want to remove from your iPhone. If that is the case, unmark the box for Sync Photos and choose Apply or Sync at the bottom right of the window. After you do this, the album and all the photos in it will be removed from your device.
In case iTunes is not currently syncing photos from a folder, it is possible to remove an album following alternative steps. You can create a folder on your computer with the same name of the album that you want to delete. Go to the Photos tab in iTunes and select the empty folder you created. Then, click Apply and the album and all the photos it contains, will be deleted from your iPhone.