How to Delete a Vine Account on Android or iOS
Launched in 2012, Vine quickly became a popular option for users who wanted to capture unique moment, tell a story or simply entertain others with very short videos known as “Vines”. Many celebrities joined the fun and Vine became the home of videos that became legendary in the world of popular culture. Vine was acquired by Twitter and soon, it will stop working in the same way that it used to. Although the upcoming “Vine Camera”, will also allow users to capture 6.5 second looping videos, the can only be posted on Twitter or downloaded to your smartphone. If you prefer to delete your Vine account, you can follow the below steps. Deleting a Vine account only takes a few minutes, regardless if you use iOS, Android or the website.
The first thing that you need to check is that you are running version 1.4.4 or later, otherwise, it won’t be possible to delete the account on your mobile device. You would need to go to the website. Let’s start with the steps that you can follow on iPhone.
- Launch Vine on your device and tap on the person icon to go to your profile. Then, tap “Settings”, which appears below your profile photo.
- In Settings, you will see an option called “Your Content”. Select it.
- Now you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the screen. There you will see the “Deactivate Account” option.
- Now you will be asked if you want to deactivate your account and you will be informed that after you deactivate your account, your profile and your content will be hidden. If you want to proceed, you just need to tap “deactivate”.
Deleting your Vine account in Android
- Launch Vine on your device and go to your profile. Tap on your profile photo to access “Settings”. You will see your username and options to customize your profile.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, until you see the “Deactivate Account” option. Now you can tap on it.
- You will be asked to confirm if you really want to deactivate your account. You can either Cancel or Deactivate. Select Deactivate, if you want to delete the account.
- Once your Vine account is deactivated, your profile is hidden for 30 days and you can reactivate it by logging back in within 30 days. If you don’t, your profile and your vines will be permanently deleted. Keep in mind that once Vine becomes Vine Camera, you won’t be able to download your vines so you should do this as soon as you get a chance, even if you don’t want to delete your account.
How to delete your account through the website
You can also delete your Vine account through the Vine.co website. Even if you uninstall the app from your device, your account would still be active. If you want to delete your Vine account without affecting your Twitter account, you will need to get in touch with their support team. You can find the form on the Vine website. Enter the information required, including your Vine User ID and the details of the query and click on Submit.