The Samsung Galaxy S6 is a powerful device that will impress you with its functionality. However, in order to get the most out of your phone, it is important that you learn more about the features supported and how you can adjust the settings to match your preferences. Here we will go through the steps that you need to follow to be able to use Samsung Find My Mobile feature on the Galaxy S6. Before we check the process, let’s talk about what this feature does. Find My Mobile, as the name suggests, is a solution that will help you in case you lose your device. You can reduce the chance of your personal data becoming public with the help of convenient options such as Wipe my device and Lock my device.
In addition, there is a special solution called Ring my device, which makes sure that the default ringtone of your phone rings at its maximum volume for one minute, even if you have the phone in silent mode or set to vibration. Thanks to this feature, you will be able to draw people’s attention to your device anywhere it is, which gives you more chances to find it. Furthermore, with the Locate my device function, you can find the current location of your phone. Samsung Find My Mobile offers all these functions and much more, which makes it a feature that you definitely should enable on your Samsung Galaxy S6. To be able to do this, you need a Samsung account given that the webpage requires you to log in with the account details. You also need to have an internet connection and to add the Samsung account on the Galaxy S6.
Enabling Samsung Find My Mobile on your Galaxy S6
Now that you know what makes the Find My Mobile feature worth using, we’ll move on to the steps that will allow you to activate it on your device.
- The first step is to go to Settings, then you can go to Lock screen and security
- Select Find My Mobile, you will be required to provide your Samsung account
- By default, the Remote control should be on, but you still need to check that this option is really enabled in the Find My Mobile page
- In order to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6 using the Samsung Find My Mobile feature, go to the official website: https://findmymobile.samsung.com and sign in using your Samsung account details.
- After logging in, you will see a list of the registered devices available. These are the devices registered with your Samsung account. You can click on any of the devices to activate it, so select your Galaxy S6.
- Check that the Connection and Remote control are enabled. Then scroll down and open Unlock my device.
- Unlock the smartphone by clicking Unlock my screen. You will see the following message: “The screen is unlocked. Setup screen lock on the device”.
- In your phone, you will see a Screen unlock notification via Find My Mobile and Find My Mobile also resets the lock screen security to swipe. Here you need to set up a new screen lock and you will access the changes.