How to enable and use Emoji on your Galaxy S5
If you like to include emojis (also known as emoticons) in your text conversations and social media posts, you’ll be happy to know that Google supports emojis in Android and they are included in the official Google keyboard app. This means that emojis are available by default on many Android devices, including the Samsung Galaxy S5. While emojis are not a new thing in the Samsung keyboard, if you don’t know how to enable them on your Samsung Galaxy S5, we’ll tell you how in this article. Emojis allow you to express emotions that are hard to portray using only text. The alternative is to use a third party app to get emojis on your Galaxy S5, but since there is already a built-in option on your device, why not using it? You just need to check the OS version because it should be at least 4.4.2 Android to make sure that you can use emojis on your Galaxy S5.
How to enable and use emoji on Samsung Galaxy S5
- The first step is to open the app that you are going to use to send a message or post.
- Now, press the microphone icon on your keyboard. It is located to the left of the space bar. The icon should be pressed and held to open a sub menu.
- Tap the smiley face on the sub-menu. A list of emojis will appear.
- Select the emojis that you want to include and send your message. That is all. Since the Samsung Galaxy phone supports emojis by default, you will also be able to see the emojis sent by others, even if you don’t have a emoji keyboard installed. The main Samsung keyboard and other Samsung features are also included to offer a more efficient and personalized experience when you type a message.
It is also important to keep in mind that it is possible to use these emojis in text messages that you send to iPhone users. Although the emojis may not look exactly the same on iOS, they are close enough. If you are having issues getting emojis on your Samsung Galaxy S5, this may be due to one of the below issues:
- You may be using an older version of the Android OS. Make sure that you upgrade your device to the latest version. This will likely get the issue fixed so you will be able to receive emojis without any problems.
- Another reason why you may not be able to receive emojis on your Samsung Galaxy S5 is that there may be a virus on your device. If your Samsung Galaxy S5 is infected with a virus, the phone may not be able to recognize emojis. Make sure that there is an antivirus program installed on your phone or perform a hard rest if needed.
- It is possible that the contact that is sending you emojis that you can’t see is using Handcent. This is a texting app for Android that offers many customization options. The problem is that in order to see the emojis sent via Handcent, you may need to install the app on your device too.
Now you have enable emojis on your Samsung Galaxy S5 and have identified the possible reasons why you can’t see emojis sent to you. Just make sure that you use them appropriately and that you don’t include them in formal emails and conversations.