When you do some online browsing, you would often open a link and before it opens, you would probably come across a message stating that there is no application installed on your system to be able to perform operation. This happens even if you try to open links on different devices such as your phone, tablet or PC. We understand how annoying and frustrating this could be. Do not worry as through this article, we shall provide you a guide on how to fix this issue – Android Google Search Error No App Found to Open URL.
What Causes the No App Found to Open URL Error?
- You have disabled built-in apps like browser and playstore which do not allow URLs that would require functionality to open
- Configuration error in system settings
How to Fix Android Google Search Error No App Found to Open URL?
Check Applications from People with Disabililties
There are some applications which are pre-installed on your phone. This means you will have to check if these system applications are disabled.
- Drag notification bar down
- Click on the settings gear
- Select applications
- Select Demand Manager option
- If you do not see the Application Manager setting, go to settings and applications and activate the system applications manually
- Check if the system applications are disabled. Include your browser and Google Play Store.
- If they are disabled, activate them or enable them.
- Once you have activated check if the problem would still persist.
Reset System Settings
- Drag the notification bar down
- Select Settings
- Select Application
- Click on the three dots
- Select Reset App Settings
Change the Default Browser
If your device still does not open your URLs, then, the issue could be that the connection between your URI protocol for launching links and web browsing app has been removed. If this is the case, all you have to do is get another web browser app and/or install another web browser. To do this follow the steps below:
- Launch your app settings
- Select apps
- Select Default Apps
- Select browser
- Select Webnavigator
- Open the URL again
What Does No Application in the URL Mean?
This mean that there is an error in your app settings.
How Do I Open the URL in the Android Browser from the App?
- Create intent for ACTION_View. Val openURL =intent (android.content.intent.ACTION_VIEW)
- Start activity with intent.startActivity – openURL
How Do You Open a URL?
- Navigate URL. Text URLs would be in a different color from the rest of the text.
- Click on the link
How to Activate URL Settings?
- Go to settings
- Select global settings
- Check connect to URL checkbox
Through this article, we hope that you were able to inculcate and get useful information which you could use as a guide in solving or fixing the issue of Android Google Search No App Found to Open URL. Try the methods provided in this article and let us know how it went.