This is an issue experienced by users mainly after updating to the latest version of iOS. What people note is that they don’t get a notification sound when a call, text or email are received. The same problem occurs with FaceTime, games and other apps that you may use on your iPad or Phone on a regular basis. Not getting the notification sound on your iOS device could mean that you lose some important alerts. Here we will take a look at the solutions that you can try on your iPad or iPhone.
You can try to solve the issue with the notification sound by going to Settings and making sure that Do Not Disturb is not activated. It may sound obvious, but it is possible that you enabled this option (which has a moon symbol) from drag up control center.
Then you can check the volume on the ringer and the mute button. It is likely that your iPhone is frozen in mute mode. You can flick the Mute button on and off many times.
Check the volume on the ringer,.
Check the mute button. Your iPhone might frozen in mute mode. Flick the Mute button on and off several times.
Another way to fix the issue is by resetting network settings. To do this, go to Settings, then General and select Reset, followed by Reset Network Settings. You need to reset All settings. Press the Home and Lock button at the same time for a few seconds until the iPhone restarts.
Go to Notifications and disable notifications for messages. Then switch off your phone and then switch it on again. Turn notification back on for messages.
- Go to your contacts and check the settings for Text messages. If this is in default, change it to a specific sound.
- Plug your headphones into the headphone port and remove it.
- Configure iMessage to get messages from your phone only, not from emails.
- Enable Bluetooth and check the notification sounds issue.
- You can also go to Settings, select Do not disturb, then Allow calls from and select Everyone.
- In case you are using Google App, you can go to Settings, select Privacy, then microphone and switch it off.
- Go to Settings, then Notifications, Messages and alert style when locked. You can change it from banner to alerts.
- Go to YouTube or any streaming website, play any video and increase the volume.
- Go to Settings, select Sound and move the volume slider right over to the left.