There are times when you would experience issues such as your AirPods not being able to connect to your Macbook. Through this article, we shall provide you a guide on how to do this.
How to Fix Various Mac Problems
There are several errors and issues which you could encounter on your Mac and there are also several ways to fix them and one of the most recommended way is through MacKeeper.
Through MacKeeper, you will be able to clean your Mac components and you could also improve your Mac’s performance as well. Here is a simple step by step guide on how to use MacKeeper.
- Download and install MacKeeper
- Open MacKeeper
- Start an auto scan
- Select clean
As soon as AirPods were released to the public, it has become a trend and it has been considered by many as one of the best headphones sold on the market. However, just like any other devices, there are some users who has reported that their headphones are not connecting to their MacBook and this could be a huge problem for some. If you are experiencing this issue, you came to the right place as through this article, we shall show you how to fix the mentioned issue.
Why Are AirPods Not Showing Up on Bluetooth?
There are some instances when your AirPods would not show on your MacOS device. One reason behind this is due to your device being out of date. Hence, you have to ensure that your device is updated to its latest version. Once, you have updated your device to the latest version. Try to connect your AirPods again. Moreover, there is also a possibility that your headphones are just experiencing some glitch, hence, it is advisable for you to reset them and try to pair them again.
What to Do If Your AirPods Won’t Connect to MacBook?
Ensure that your Mac OS is up to date
As mentioned earlier, one of the reasons as to why your AirPods can’t connect to your MacBook is because your MacBook’s OS is out of date. Hence, ensure they are updated. Here are some information about the requirements:
- If you have 1st generation AirPods, you will need macOS Sierra or later version
- If you have 2nd generation AirPods, you will need to have macOS 10.14.4 or newer.
Remove AirPods from the list of devices
Another way for you to be able to fix the mentioned issue is by removing your AirPods from the list of devices and re-add your AirPods to the list again.
- Open the Apple menu
- Go to System Preferences
- Go to the Bluetooth option
- Select AirPods from your list of devices
- Click on the X next to it
- Put your AirPods in its charging case
- Move the charging case somewhere close to your MacBook. Ensure that the case lid is open
- On your device list, select AirPods
- Click Connect
Forget AirPods as Bluetooth Device
- Go to System Preferences
- Select Bluetooth
- Select AirPods
- Click on X
- Click Forget Device
- Wait for few minutes
- Connect to your AirPods again
Ensure AirPods are set to output device
- Turn your Bluetooth on your MacBook
- Ensure that your AirPods are within range of your MacBook
- Ensure that your AirPods’ case is open
- Go to System Preference
- Go to Sound
- Select Output
- Select your AirPods
Reset your AirPods
- Press and hold the setup button on your charging case
- Release setup button when the light status turns to flashing amber light and then when it flashes to white light
- Connect AirPods to MacBook
This concludes our article, we hope that through the methods provided above, you are able to fix your AirPods not being able to connect to your MacBook. Let us know how it went and do not forget to leave us a comment.