A wooden axe in Minecraft is one of the most useful tools. It allows you to be able to cut wooden items faster and without any difficulties. Though a wooden axe is not the same as a sword, bow & arrow and trident, it could also be used as a weapon. Moreover, as a weapon, you could use it on enemies that have shield with them.
In this article, we shall provide you a guide on how to make a wooden axe. Read further to learn more.
How to Make An Axe in Minecraft
For you to be able to craft an axe, you will have to open your crafting table and bring two planks in a column for you to be able to craft and get sticks. Place the two planks one by one in a row on the left side. Then put one plank on the second row on the first box, put a stick on the second empty box. Put the last stick in the middle box of the third row. Once done, you will get your axe.
What Are the Required Materials to Make A Wooden Axe
- Crafting table
- Planks or cobblestone
How to Make A Crafting Table in Minecraft
Before you will be able to craft an axe in Minecraft, you will have to first create a crafting table. Do not worry as this is easy to do. All you have to do is place four planks on your crafting menu one by one until you see a crafting table on the right side.
How to Get Planks In Minecraft
For you to be able to get planks, you will have to find a tree. Once you have found one, hit the tree continuously until you get a wooden block. Once you have the wooden block, place it on your crafting table.
How to Get Cobblestone in Minecraft
To be able to acquire a cobblestone in Minecraft, you will have to find blocks of stones. Once you see one, you will have to start digging through the use of a pickaxe. If you do not have a pickaxe yet, you could use your hands. However, keep in mind that it could take you some time.
Dig until the block breaks into smaller blocks and until a cobblestone appears. Pick all the floating cobblestones.
How to Get Sticks in Minecraft
You will have to get planks. Place two planks on your crafting menu or table in one column and you are good to go.
How to Craft An Axe in Minecraft
- Open the Crafting Table
- Add sticks and planks in the 3×3 crafting grid or crafting table. Ensure that you have to put the items at the exact pattern of two planks on the first and second column and one on the second row. Sticks on the second column and second and third row of the second column.
- You could use cobblestones instead of two planks too.
- Move the wooden axe to your inventory
Attack Damage and Durability of Axe in Minecraft
Enchantments for Wooden Axe
- Bane of Arthropods – you could increase attack damage against arthropods
- Curse of Vanishing – you could disappear any cursed item after dying
- Efficiency – boost mining time
- Fortune- increases drops from mining
- Mending – uses XP to mend tools, weapons and armor
- Sharpness – increases attack damage
- Silk Touch – Mines blocks fragile items
- Smite – increases attack damage against mobs
- Unbreaking – increase durability of your axe
How many blocks can a wooden axe break?
You will be able to break 59 blocks easily without the use of any enchantments.
How much damage does an axe do per second?
A normal wooden axe could have a damage per second value of 7 and a stone axe comes with a DPS of 9.
Are axes better than swords in Minecraft?
A wooden axe is equivalent to a diamond sword. Hence wooden axes could do more damage than a normal sword.