It is possible to share content with other devices on your Galaxy S5, which shows the potential of Quick connect. However, there is more to it and as you will find out in this article, it is even possible to join a Group Play session on your Galaxy S5 and enjoy the benefits that it offers. Apart from allowing you to play games with friends in the same group, Group Play on Galaxy S5 is perfect when you need to share music, documents, photos and more. The first thing to do before joining Group Play is to look for available sessions or create you own one.
Creating a Group on Samsung Galaxy S5 Group Play
Let’s start by checking the steps needed to create a group on Samsung Galaxy S5 Group Play. Here is what you need to do:
- Open the Group Play app
- Tap on Create Group
- If you mark the “Set Group Password” option, you will be asked to set a password and all the other people who want to join the group will need to enter the same password in order to become a member.
- Select the content that you want to share and that is all. After completing these simple steps, your group will be created.
How to join a Group Play Session on Galaxy S5
Now we will take a look at what you need to do in order to join a group session. Here are the instructions.
- Go to the Home screen in your Galaxy S5. To do this, simply tap on the Back key a few times, or press in the Home button one time.
- Pull the Notification Panel from the Home screen.
- From the Notification Panel, tap on the Quick Connect button to see what devices are available to connect to. Quick Connect will display a list of available devices.
- Tap on Join from the list of devices that are available.
- Next, you need to follow the instructions on-screen to complete the connection. And that is it, now you can join a Group Play Session via Quick Connect and enjoy all the advantages that it offers.