JustStream – Casting Your Mac to Television
The Mac app – JustStream is a perfect tool to cast video files and mirror them from your desktop to your TV. This app works on all Mac computers with OS X 10.12+ and above. This app as mentioned above, works by mirroring and streaming and when we say mirroring, this means that it could live stream your desktop and by streaming, you could que one or more media files. Furthermore, what’s amazing about this app is it could detect different devices on your local network and tells you which of them you could use. To see the devices available, all you have to do is to go to your AirPlay icon which you will find on top portion of your desktop. Click the icon and this will show you which screens are available for you to mirror and which video files you could cast. Refresh the list and you will see the new devices on, this is very convenient in case you wish to switch a device. Also, in this app, you will have four options which you will find in the settings area – Mirroring, General, Streaming and Subtitles. Also, through JustStream, casting could be done in options of auto, 720p or auto quality and have subtitles too. Its subtitles could be customized according to style, color and size.
Features of JustStream
- It could mirror your Mac’s desktop to screens such as Chromecast compatible TVS. The sound of the mirroring feature could be enabled through an audio driver.
- You could mirror your desktop right at your present screen resolution
- You will be able to stream various video files wirelessly.
- You will also be able to deliver audio and video to any of your screen in your home in a very simple and easy manner.
- It comes with real time transcoding which is compatible with MP4. This means an AVI movie could start in mere 20 seconds.
- It has a maximum of 1080p HD output resolution.
How to Mirror Mac to Chromecast and Apple TV:
To be able to screen mirror on your Mac device to your TV, all you have to do is to follow the steps below:
- Download JustStream.
- Install the app on your Macbook or any Mac device you wish to mirror screen on.
- Once JustStrem is installed, open the app by clicking the icon on your Menu bar.
- A list of monitors connected to your computer will appear.
- Select which device you would wish to mirror. To do this, all you have to do is to click the AirPlay icon at the bottom of the window.
- Click Start Streaming at the top of the app’s window. Double click on the selected screen or on the three dots to start the mirroring.
- Mirroring will not have any sounds, to learn how to put on the sound, find it on the instructions,
- To stop mirroring, all you have to do is click on the stop streaming button.
Pros of Using JustStream:
- It could mirror your Mac desktop without having to adapt to your target display.
- It could stream any video files to your Chromecast and Airplay compatible devices
- It could que multiple different videos.
Cons of Using JustStream:
- You could experience video lags whenever you mirror
- There is no 4K or surround sound output
- It needs high CPU power
JustStream could be a little bit pricey but is totally worth having. Its personal license could cost about $19.95 and 20% for Value Added Tax which rounds about a grand total of $23.94.
Having JustSteam is very enjoyable. It is easy to use, comes with lightweight menu bar app and could be used wirelessly. When it comes to mirroring and streaming, nothing beats JustStream. We hope you enjoyed this article as we have enjoyed featuring JustStream. So what are you waiting for? Purchase and try the app and we could assure you, you will love it.