When you are decorating video using your iOS device, you may unintentionally turn your device sideways in order to capture something. The problem is that if you do this before you start recording, the video will be captured sideways and the Photos app doesn’t offer an option to rotate the video. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t a way to fix this because as usual, the App Store offers a solution. There is a selection of apps in the App Store that allow you to rotate videos that were captured in the wrong orientation.
One of the best options is Video Rotate and Flip by Wander Bit. This app is easy to use and allows you to flip your video left to right or upside down. The app rotates the video while you watch it and then it can be exported directly to your iOS app. It is also capable of importing videos for the iCloud Photo Library. Furthermore, there is an app extension that enables you to edit your videos within the Photos app, which is makes things even easier.
How to rotate a sideways video with Rotate Video and Flip
Video Rotate and Flip will come handy when you accidentally record videos in a vertical or sideways position. The video is flipped within seconds and you can export it to your photo album without issues. Now you don’t need to worry if you captured an amazing video in the wrong position because this app will fix it easily. You just need to follow these steps:
- Tap on the button located at the top left side corner
- Select the video that you want to rotate
- Tap the Rotate button in the bottom left hand corner and continue tapping until the video is set in the orientation you want
- Tap the Share button at the top right-side corner and save it. You will see a new version of the video in the orientation you selected
As mentioned, there is also an extension that allows you to rotate videos even faster. The extension is available for iPhone and iPad and it can be activated within the Photos app. You can also rotate the video straight from there. The extension offers the same functionality as the app, but it makes things simple since you don’t need to switch from one app to another. You can use the extension following the below steps:
- Select the video you want to edit in the Photos app
- Tap on the Edit button, which looks like 3 dots
- Tap on More to enable the extension and turn it on. This is only required the first time you use it.
- Tap on the extension and rotate your video in the same way you would do in the app.
- To save your changes, select Done