There are times when you received a photo message or MMS on your Android phone and you would like to save it. This is quite easy to do especially when you know which message the photo is located at. However, if you need to go through a lengthy message threads just for you to find the photo you wish to save, this could be very frustrating, tedious and time consuming. Do not worry as through this article, we shall guide you on how to save photos from MMS messages on your Android phone whether you know which message the photo is located at.
Save Photos from MMS Message on Android Phone
You have just received a photo through an MMS message and you found it very cute and lovely that you wish to save the photo. This is easy to do all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Tap on your messenger app
- Open the MMS message thread which contains the photo you wish to save.
- Tap and hold on the photo until you see a menu at the top of your screen.
- From the menu, tap on save attachment icon
- Photo will be saved to messenger album
To access your saved photo or image from your messenger album, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Tap on Photos app
- Tap on albums. This could be found at the bottom of your screen
- Tap Device Folders
- Browse through Albums until you find messenger album. In there, you will find photos that have been saved from text messages.
Save Photos Attached to All MMS Messages on Android Phone
If you are trying to find a photo from numerous thread of text messages, saving all your photos attached to all of your text messages could be convenient. Hence, instead of you having to go through all those lengthy thread of text messages from everyone you know or going through long messages, you could use apps like save MMS or Save MMS attachments to scan for all images that are attached to your text messages on your phone.
These apps will save all images on your phone or on its external storage device. This way, you could look at all photos and find the one you want.
Extract All Photos from MMS Messages Using “Save MSS” App
- Download Save MSS app from Google Play Store
- Install Save MSS app on your Android phone
- Run the app. This will extract all the attachments from your messages. These could be pictures and/or videos.
- Scroll through the list of images.
- Find the image you are interested in.
- Tap on the photo or image that you are interested in. You will see option to name your photo file and save it to an SD card.
- Your photo will be saved in the folder – “SavedMMS” on your SD card which is attached to your phone.
- If you wish to access your saved photo, go to sdcard\savedmms.
Extract Photos from MMS Messages Using “Save MMS Attachment” App
This app is another recommended option. It could extract your images from all of your text messages.
- Download and install free version of Save MMS attachments on your Android device
- Open the app
- You will find all the images that were attached to your text messages
- Tap on Save Icon which you will find at the bottom right corner of your screen
- Your saved photos will be available on your phone’s Gallery in the folder Save MMS.