DFU stands for Device Firmware Update and DFU mode is used to downgrade or upgrade firmware on the iPad. DFU mode is also useful when it comes to rebooting Tethered jailbroken iPad. You can follow the below steps to set your iPad into DFU mode.
- Connect the iPad to your computer using USB cable and launch iTunes
- Press and hold the Power button down for 3 seconds
- Keep the Power button pressed and also the home button for 15 seconds. Then release the Power button and keep the home button pressed for 10 seconds. This will set the iPad into DFU mode, the screen will remain black.
- Press the Home button and hold it until you see a popup message. This will let you know that iTunes has detected the iPad in DFU mode.
Get the iPad out of DFU mode if it is stuck in this mode
- Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds and a maximum of 12.
- Release the Home button but continue pressing the Power button until you see the Apple logo. This will take the iPad out of DFU mode.