While many kids are using Android devices nowadays and there are many great Android apps specially designed for them, parents also know that there is a lot of content that is not suitable for children. This is why it is important to consider using apps that can offer greater control over what children can access. You can find many apps that can help you to set limits on the way in which your kids access the internet. However, it is also good to know that Samsung has already installed a Kids Mode app on the Galaxy S5 that can be a very practical solution. With the parental controls included in the Kids Mode, it is possible to set a daily time limit, select the specific apps that can be accessed by your kids and you can also monitor what they do. In this guide, we’ll tell you how to set Parental Controls on Samsung Galaxy S5 to make sure that your kids are using the device correctly.
How to set parental controls on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Press the Home key (lower-middle hard key) on your Samsung Galaxy S5’s or the Back key (lower-shift key) to access the Home screen. You wold need to press the keys repeatedly until you access the Home screen.
- In the Home Screen, tap the Apps icon located on the lower-right side of the device’s screen. You will access the application folder where you will see all the apps installed on the Galaxy S5.
- Tap the Kids Mode icon. You will recognize it because it shows the picture of an alligator. Once you tap on it, you will be directed to the Kids mode page and there, you need to tap the Parental Control icon, which shows a parent and their child holding hands.
- Kids Mode will request you to enter the PIN code in order to be able to access the application. Once you enter the PIN code, you will be able to access the activity page where you will see your child’s profile.
- From the activity page, tap on the More Options button if you want to see the Parental Control options.
- In the Parental Control menu, you will be able to edit and set restrictions on Kids Mode. Below is a list of the options that can be adjusted:
You can see and edit the profile page of your child, including their name, profile picture and date of birth.
Here you can add or remove certain applications that are not appropriate for your children on Kids Mode
This allows you to block the Back key when you are on Kids Mode. You can also change the application’s PIN and reset Kids Mode.
This gives you an overview of the activity of Kids Mod, including information about the applications that are used the most and the total amount of hours spent by your children using Kids Mode.
Daily Playtime limit
This offers the chance to set a specific number of hours for your children to play with the Samsung Galaxy S5. Kids Mode will let them know the amount of time left and will also notify them when they are about to reach the time limit. Once the time is up, Kids Mode will go into sleep mode, showing a sleeping crocodile.
This allows you to add and remove music files, video files and other media files from Kids Mode.
Kids Store offers you the chance to download and install applications that are specific to Kid Mode. Some of them are free, while others require purchase. It is also important to keep in mind that the applications installed from Kids Store won’t show in the normal applications folder. You need to go to Kids Mode to be able to locate them and access them.
This is all you need to know in order to set Parental Control for Kids Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S5. Once you are done, you can go back to Kids Mode by tapping the Back key.