How to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
If you would like to watch movies from your computer to your TV, you may do so. In fact, you will be amazed how easy it is to project your computer screen to your TV through the use of Chromecast. All you need to do is follow the steps and guide below on how to setup Chromecast on Windows 10 computer.
What is required to setup Chromecast on Windows 10 PC?
It is easy to setup Chromecast on any device. This includes Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android devices and tablets. For you to be able to setup Chromecast on your Windows 10, you will be required of the following:
- Google Chromecast Device
- Windows 10 Computer
- Google Chrome browser
If you have all of the three items stated above, you could now follow the steps below. But, of course, you would need to plug first your Chromecast device to your TV then you could now setup your Chromecast on your Windows 10 computer.
Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
- Plug in the HDMI end of Google Chromecast device into HDMI port of your TV. Plug the USB end to the USB power adapter.
- Use remote of your TV and change the source input to right HDMI port which you have plugged your Chromecast device.
- On some remotes you will have to press input or source button.
- Visit google.com/chrome
- Download and install Google Chrome browser on your computer in case your browser is not Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome on your browser on your computer by going to chromecast.com/setup
- Once you have been directed to the Chrome setup screen, click Set up your Chromecast using this computer
- You will be then asked to agree to the Privacy terms and agreement of Chromecast. Click Accept button.
- After accepting the terms and conditions, the webpage will now start searching for your Chromecast device which is connected to your WiFi Network.
- If your computer could not find your Chromecast device, try to switch your WiFi network on your computer from 2.4 to 5 GHz or vice versa.
- On the next screen, click Set me up button.
- Click on the WiFi icon found on the right corner of your taskbar on your computer.
- Click on Chromecast’s open WiFi network.
- Once connected to Chromecast’s open WiFi network, click Next button.
- Click on the Yes arrow if the code on your screen of your Windows computer is matching with the code that is appearing on the bottom right corner of your TV.
- Provide name for your Chromecast.
- Confirm your WiFi Settings
- Select WiFi network
- Enter password for your WiFi network
- Click Connect
- Your Chromecast will notify you that your Chromecast is Ready to Cast.
- Your Chromecast now is setup and ready to cast videos from your Windows 10 computer to your TV.
How to Cast Videos, Movies from Computer to TV?
- Open your Chrome browser on your Windows 10 computer
- Find the video you would wish to watch from sites such as Netflix or YouTube and the like.
- Once the video starts playing on your computer, click cast icon which is found on the top right corner of your computer
- You will now see the video or movie playing on the screen of your TV.