How to setup Yahoo email account on iOS
There are many email services available, but for many iPad and iPhone, Yahoo is still their preferred option. Yahoo has been around for a long time and it offers many practical features that will allow you to manage your email communications effectively. If you created a Yahoo Mail account a long time, you can still use it, even with the latest technology. In this guide, you will find the necessary steps to set up Yahoo mail on your iOS device.
1. Launch Settings App
2. Select Mail, Contacts and Calendars
3. Tap “Account” option, but instead of selecting Yahoo! you need to select Other.
4. Tap Add Mail Account and then enter the below settings in the option boxes:
- Name: Enter your full name
- Email: Enter your full email address
- Password: Your Yahoo mail password
- Description: Enter any information that can help to identify your Yahoo account.
5. Select IMAP at the top of the page. The first three field is automatically filled with the details that you entered in the last step. For other settings details, you can use the below information:
- Incoming mail server
- Host name: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- User name: your full email address
- Password: Yahoo email password
6. In Outgoing mail server, the details that you need to enter are the ones listed below
- Host name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- User name: Your Yahoo full email address
- Password: The password used for your Yahoo! email password
8. Choose “Next”. On your iPad or iPhone, you will see “verifying” as you try to connect to the Yahoo.com mail servers. Once the process is completed, IMAP will appear on the screen. Then you can select the save option.