There are times when you would encounter MIP 67 error pop up on your tablet or Android mobile devices such as brands like LG, Motorola, etc. If you have experienced this error and do not know what to do, you came to the right place as through this article, we shall discuss what MIP 67 error is, why it is happening and how to fix it.
MIP 67 Meaning and Reason Behind the Pop Error
MIP 67 is basically a mobile node authentication which has failed resulting to error. This means your device could fail to register with Packet Data Serving Node or PDSN. In other words, MIP 67 error would often occur when your device cannot access cellular services such as mobile data.
There are many different reasons as to why you are experiencing the mentioned error. One reason could be due to you activating a new device with your same old sim card and phone number. Another reason could also be is due to having a sim card which does not have any service or your mobile data is not turned on.
How to Fix MIP 67 Error?
Method 1 – Turn off Mobile Data and Turn It on Again
To ensure that your mobile data is working 100 percent, turn your mobile data off and on. If it does not work, try removing and reinserting your SIM card.
Method 2 – Restart Your Device
Just like your computer, the easiest and most effective solution to most issues is turning on and off your device.
Method 3 – Change the Network Mode
- Go to Settings
- Select mobile network
- Select network mode
- Select LTE/CDMA
- Go to settings
- Go to General
- Select system updates
- Select update profile
Method 4 – Update Your Device’s Preferred Roaming List (PRL)
- Ensure that you are connected to WiFi.
- Open Settings
- Select Software Update
- Tap Update PRL
- Tap Ok or Call *228 and select 2
Method 5 – Change MSID or Mobile Station ID
- Open your dialer
- Dial ##847446#
- Tap edit
- Enter MSID which will be provided by support team
- Tap Ok
- Your device will then reboot and after, you are good to go.
If nothing else works, here are some other tips you could try.
- Dial ##72786 on your phone. This will reboot your device. This method could sometimes solve the MIP 67 error issue.
- Call customer support team of your phone’s service provider. Try to check if they have the correct ESN and sim number
- MIP 67 as mentioned earlier could be due to your device not having mobile data. Another reason is that your SIM card does not have any service plan. If this is the case, remove it. Also we recommend that you check for service outage in your area.
- If nothing really works, we suggest that you do a factory data reset. This will reset your phone and restore its original state. This means it will erase all of your stored data. Hence, before doing this method, it is highly recommended that you back up your data first.
- Use WiFi and if it still does not work, try to remove the sim card from your phone and connect to WiFi.