Cyber security courses after the 12th grade are an excellent career choice for graduates to protect and combat cyber crimes. Everyone has access to the internet at their fingertips through a smartphone. Everything can be done quickly and conveniently from the comfort of your home, from checking your bank statements to buying groceries. On the other hand, there are always two sides to every story.
Online theft and misuse of data are common phenomena on the internet. Therefore, cyber security is one of the major concerns for individuals and large corporations. So, after high school, students taking cyber security courses may learn to spot signs of cyber attacks, identify malicious websites, and defend the company from personal and financial loss.
Once you’ve earned your cyber security certification, your earning potential will skyrocket because of your superior skillset. However, to pursue cyber security courses after the 12th standard, you must know all the details regarding eligibility, duration, fees, etc.
What is Cyber Security?
Companies implement cybersecurity measures to prevent data breaches and prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information as their use of technology and cloud-based applications grows.
The day-to-day operations of any company or organization depend heavily on the integrity of its data systems. In addition, the failure to secure the company’s infrastructure can result in significant financial losses. As a result, to be a cyber security expert, one must have formal training and skills in all the areas required to safeguard the company’s data.
Cyber security courses available after high school
After passing 12th, the following options are available to welcome students into the world of cyber security:
- Diploma Courses
- Degree courses
- Certification courses
The cyber security course fees vary depending on the degree level mentioned above. Similarly, the fees and duration will also vary depending on the student’s chosen career path. So, whichever career option you choose for your cyber security qualification, a few skills and eligibility criteria are required before enrolling in a cyber security crime course in India.
Eligibility criteria for the Cyber Security courses
Go through the list of eligibility criteria, as it will help you make a favorable decision for the future.
- Undergraduate Programs: After completing secondary school, undergraduate programs include B.Sc in cyber security. This requires candidates to pass 10+2 years of schooling in science background with little technical knowledge.
- Postgraduate Programs: For a master’s program, a bachelor’s degree in any field is accepted. A postgraduate degree can be online or offline but would require candidates to know about data security, ethical hacking, and other areas.
- Diploma Courses: Diploma courses are usually shorter than a bachelor’s degree. A candidate must have a graduate or postgraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Certification Courses: One of the most preferred ways of learning, certification courses do not have any prerequisites. Candidates must be 18 to enroll in an online cybersecurity course. Basic knowledge of technical aspects and interest in cyber security is a must.
Skills required to enroll in Cyber Security courses after 12th grade
The following are the skills required if students wish to pursue cybersecurity crime courses:
- Basic Programming Skills: Candidates must know basic computer programmings skills like Java and Python.
- Research & Analytical Skills: As cyber security grows and innovations continue, students must be innovative and have excellent research skills. Also, students must have strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Soft Skills: Apart from technical skills, students must be proficient in soft skills like problem-solving, attention to detail, and organizational skills. It is essential to think critically to solve potential threats in the company.
Top options for Cyber Security courses after the 12th grade
In India, let us explore the different course options:
- B.Tech in Cyber Security
Students applying to the BTech Cyber Security program must have completed the 12th grade with a least 45% score and have math as one of their compulsory courses from an accredited school or board before applying. The cyber security course lasts 3 years, and the details will focus on building essential skills.
- BE Information Technology
It’s an undergraduate degree program that typically requires 3–5 years of experience in IT-based programming and topics. Companies and organizations in cyber security are looking for qualified individuals to fill managerial roles. These cyber security course fees range from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 1.5 Lakhs depending on the type of institute students.
- B.Tech in Computer Science
It is a 4-year undergraduate program that teaches computer programming and cyber security language. IT consultants recruit such candidates to protect their data.
- BCA (Hons) in Cyber Security
It is a three-year full-time undergraduate program focusing on ethical hacking and cyber forensics. Large IT organizations recruit such candidates to protect their data and network.
- Diploma in Cyber Security
Cybersecurity courses are highly recommended for students to take after they have completed their 12th year in any field. These diploma courses take around a year to finish, with topics including understanding various operating systems and computer networks.
Cyber Security course details
A graduate, postgraduate, diploma, or certificate course will cover the following topics:
- Application system
- Malware analysis
- Defense techniques
- Data security and communication
Career scope after pursuing Cyber Security courses
Here we will discuss the job opportunities that are available in India once you become a cyber security expert:
- Cyber security manager
- Cyber security consultant
- Cyber security analyst
- Information security manager
- Ethical hacker
These are the most sought-after cyber security jobs in India right now that candidates can pursue after completing the cyber security courses after 12th in India. But apart from these, various roles like Chief Information Security Officer, Network Security Engineer, and Security Architect take away huge salaries.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a cyber security manager is approximately Rs. 22 lakhs annually in India.
Cybersecurity courses after the 12th grade are becoming extremely popular due to the rise in cyber crimes. This blog aptly covers all the details regarding different classes available, curation, and eligibility, making it easier for students to decide upon a program.
Simplilearn offers a variety of online courses to meet the needs of each student, so if you’re still intrigued about cybersecurity or ethical hacking, check out their website to see what options there are.