There are numerous drawing apps which are compatible to Windows which could be very confusing when choosing one that would best suit your needs, budget and preference.
Most drawing apps are free which would allow you to express your creativity and practice without having to worry about budget. They offer different features and functionalities which means, you will have to be careful in choosing one as these functionalities could determine whether or not the app that you choose would meet your needs and preferences.
Best Surface Pro Drawing Apps
Concepts provides you a platform a place where you could plan ahead and sketch your ideas about content on an infinite canvas. Through this app, you will be able to draw storyboards, sketches and design plans.
- Infinite canvas
- Comes with multiple types of paper and grids
- Infinite layering system with adjustable opacity
- Flexible vector based sketching
- Realistic brushes and pens
- Accurate pressure, tilt and optional live smoothing
- OPIC color wheel
- Drag and drop images
- Export images for printing
Through this app, you will be able to create your own ideal workspace. You could exercise your creative mind through the app’s customized controls and amazing interface. This means, you will be able to tweak anything you wish. This app is for those who love to sketch and it is designed for sketch artists.
- Import pictures
- Augment pictures
- Snap and edit functions
- Color picker
- Customize UI
- GPU accelerated tools
- Photoshop PSD export
- Stroke preview
- Multiple layers
- Canvas rotation
- Paint bucket
In this app, your creativity and ideas could be put into action on an integrated canvas. You will be able to conceptualize your ideas into sketches to already done artwork. This app comes with powerful and creative sketching tools.
- Could accommodate up to 100 mpx canvas
- Import and edit snaps
- Professional tool
- Easy to use
- Assistive wizardry
- 16 sector radical symmetry
- Could export in image formats such as JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF and PSD
Zen Brush 2
This app provides you with elegant user interface. It is simple and it allows you to be able to use tools easily. It is perfect start up app for those who are just beginning to sketch or draw.
- Comes with background style templates
- Allows you to redo and undo up to 5 levels
- Supports 3D touch
- Simple main tools – ink brush, eraser and red brush
- Allows you to save your work on your photo library
- Allows you to share to social media platforms
This app is professional type of app but what is amazing about it is that it is for free and it is an open-source program. It is an image editor and has great features which provides everything that an artist would need. Users has the ability to customize the UI and access configurable options.
- Open source
- Powerful art tools
- Export in any format
- Concept art
- Intuitive applications
- Texture and matte painters
- Amazing layers
- Illustrations and comics
- Pattern transformations
- Color manipulation
Through this app, you will be able to access the right tools and canvas to express your talent and draw your ideas. It is easy and fun to use which could be used by anyone at all ages. You will be able to create your original work and transform your photos into painting.
- Intuitive UI
- Natural pressure sensitivity
- Draw and paint with watercolor
- Import images and photos
- Activity packs and coloring pages
- Print artwork with high definition
- Correct every mistake with undo button
- Dry all paint on canvas with the use of its fan feature
- Share paintings
We hope that through this article, we were able to provide useful information which you could use as a guide in choosing the best drawing app for Surface Pro.