How to block & unblock WhatsApp Contact on iOS
Chances are that one of the apps that you have installed on your iOS device is WhatsApp and it is likely that you use it on a daily basis. Although iMessage and FaceTime offers great quality and are great communication solutions, they are limited to Apple platforms. With WhatsApp you can stay in touch with friends and family, even if they use Android or other operating systems. With WhatsApp, you can easily share videos, photos, links, send voice messages and it recently added support for video and voice calls. Anyone who has your mobile phone number can reach out to you via WhatsApp. While this can be very practical, it can also become an issue if you get unwanted contacts. In order to help you to have control over the security of your WhatsApp experience, you can block people and prevent them from sending you messages or calling you via WhatsApp. Just follow the below steps to block someone on WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots located on the top right side of the screen. Then select Settings.
- Tap on Account and then select Privacy.
- Scroll down and under “Messaging” select “Blocked”. There you can see what contacts are already blocked.
- To add new contacts to the Blocked list, tap on the Contact icon with a + sign that appears on the top right.
- You will see a list of all your contacts in alphabetical order. To block a contact simply select it and it will be added to the Blocked list. You can also search for a specific contact at the top to add it to the list.
Once you block a specific contact, they won’t be able to send you messages or share any media content with you.
How to unblock WhatsApp contacts on iOS
If you wish to unblock them, simply follow these steps:
- Go to WhatsApp, open Settings, then go to Account, Privacy and “Blocked” following the same steps as before.
- Once you are in the Blocked section, you will see the list of contacts that you previously blocked.
- Select the contact that you wish to unblock. Once you tap on it, you will see the option to unblock them.
- Tap on the Unblock option and after a few seconds the contact will be back on your list of regular contacts.