While Windows is the leading desktop operating system, there have been many concerns regarding its security. Still, over the years, Microsoft has worked to address the vulnerabilities of its platform and there were significant improvements implemented on Windows 10. The additional features include protection using a text password, picture password, PIN and fingerprints. Thanks to password protection, you can prevent unauthorized access to your computer. The issue with using a difficult password and changing it on a regular basis is that you may forget it, which can be devastating, particularly when you need urgent access to the information stored in your computer.
If you don’t enter the right password, you won’t be able to use your computer, which will affect your productivity. Thankfully, there are ways to bypass Windows 10/8/7 login password so that you can still access your data and work on your computer, even if you can’t remember the password. Let’s take a look at three methods that you can try for this purpose.
Option 1 – Bypassing Windows 8 or 10 password using an Online Service (No Software required)
If you are using either Windows 10 or 8, you may choose to lock your computer using your Microsoft account and then use that information for login. If you selected Microsoft account as the default account type, then it is possible to reset the account’s password and login using this new password.
- From your device, go to the following link using your web browser: https://account.live.com/password/reset
- Choose the “I Forgot My Password” and click next to the following page
- Submit your email address and select how to get your verification code
- Enter the code that you previously got in your recovery email, or phone and then proceed.
- Choose a new Microsoft account password and hit save. Restart your PC and you can now your new password to login.
Note: Keep in mind that the above doesn’t work for old computers running Windows Vista/XP/ 7 since this option isn’t available on earlier versions. If you are using Windows 10 or Windows 8, it can’t be applied in all cases, unless you have used your Microsoft account to sign in on that PC. If the first option doesn’t work for you, you can try the below alternatives.
Option 2 – Bypass Windows Login Password via Reinstallation
This method will not only remove the password, but will also wipe all the data in your main disk. It is only suitable for people who don’t mind losing the data, or who have created a backup. Below are the steps to reinstall Windows operating system:
- First you need to insert the Windows operating system disc on your computer and reboot it. In case you don’t have the origin installation disk, you can download the Windows ISO from Microsoft website and burn it to USB or DVD.
- Allow some time for the Windows installation window to show and then click on Install Now to proceed.
- Follow the steps on the setup wizard to install Windows on your C drive.
- Go to System Tools after the Parted Magic is loaded and then go to System Tools and select Windows Password.
- Allow some time until the installation is complete. Keep in mind that your computer will be restarted multiple times throughout the prices.
Option 3 – Bypass Login Password for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista using PazzMoz’s LabWin
In order to reset your login password easily and without losing your data, then you need to opt for Windows password recovery (Professional Version) software. PassMoz LabWin is the recommended solution. This is a useful and clever Windows password recovery software that is capable of removing the login password from all Windows PC. All the data in your computer remains intact and just the password is changed. PazzMoz LabWin works with Windows 10/8/7 and even XP and Vista. The tool works without issues with 64 Bit and 32 Bit , as well. It is capable of removing passwords from all types of accounts including local and administrator users. Here are the steps that you need to follow in this method:
- Download PazzMoz LabWin and install it. One thing to keep in mind is that for this method, you need another computer with Windows to be able to install PazzMoz LabWin and make a bootable password reset disk. An option would be to borrow a friend’s computer. You only need it to create a password reset disk, which should only take a few minutes after all.
- Now you need to create Windows Password Reset with USB Disk or CD/DVD. Open PazzMoz LabWin and insert the CD/DVD or a USB stick or to the second computer you are using. The next step is to select the removal disk name and select either Burn CD/DVD or Burn USB so that you can create a password reset disk. When the bootable password reset disk is completed, you will get a message alert on screen and you will be able to remove your USB stick from the second computer.
- By default, the hard drive is set as the boot media on all PCs. In order to be able to load the password reset program and reset the password, you need to change the default settings. You can easily change boot order using BIOS settings or boot menu, depending on your computer.
- Now you need to use the bootable disk on your computer to boot it using the CD or the USB flash drive. When your password reset software appears on your screen, you first need to select your Windows version which you are using at the moment, such as Windows 10 and choose the name of the user that is locked at the moment. Then, click on “Reset Password” and reboot your computer.
That is all, now you won’t need to enter a password to access your computer anymore.