How to Change Username on Snapchat
Everyone is on Snapchat these days and it is no wonder why, after all, this popular messaging platform is full of fun and cool possibilities. Even companies and businesses are mow using Snapchat to promote their products. The only downside is that if you love Snapchat, but don’t feel very happy about the username that you chose, it is pretty much impossible to change it. However, you can create a new account with the username you want and keep all your friends. Perhaps when you joined Snapchat, you didn’t think too much about the username and now regret the decision. Fear not, with this solution, you will still be able to enjoy all your friends’ stories and have fun in Snapchat with a username that you truly like.
- Open Snapchat and tap on the logo that appears in the center. Go to Settings, which is the cog icon located at the top right side, then scroll down and select “log out” at the bottom of the screen.
- The next thing you need to do is to select Sign up to create a new profile using the name that you wish. Once you tap Sign up, enter all the information required. Keep in mind that you need to use a different email address than the one that you originally have.
- Once your new profile is created, you just have to add all your friends. Before you panic, let me tell you that it is actually not as difficult as it may sound. Sure, it will take some time if you have many people to add, but if you really want to change your username and keep your friends, this is the current option available. You can start by adding the contacts whose numbers you have saved. Just tap Friends and then tap Add from Address Book.
- Next, you need to tap Continue at the bottom of the screen and select OK to let Snapchat access your contacts. You will see a list of your contacts and you will be able to select the ones that have their usernames in Snapchat under names instead of their phone numbers. Go through them to make sure that you don’t leave anybody out.
- After you finish adding them, log out from the account you just created and then log in to your old Snapchat account again and write down the usernames of the friends who are not in your Address Book. Then tap on Friends. You will see their Usernames listed under names. Once you write down the names, you can go back to your new account to start adding them by Username.
And that is all you need to do. Now you have a new Snapchat account with a username that you actually like. If you want to delete your old account, you will have to go to the Snapchat website and log in there. Once you enter your login credentials, you will need to re-enter your password and then you can select Delete Account. As I said before, it may take some time, but it is worth doing if you are not happy at all with the username you currently have.