Entering a Recovery Mode on your HTC One phone can be helpful in different situations. We will take a look at what a Recovery Mode is and will tell you how you can enter it on your HTC with the hardware buttons or the quick boot (reboot) app. Before we go through the steps that you need to follow to enter the recovery mode, let’s take a look at what a Recovery Mode involves.
What is Recovery Mode
A Stock recovery Mode is a partition that can be booted on your Android device to carry out multiple tasks such as installing a variety of updates or factory reset your phone. An alternative is to use a Custom recovery, which supports additional functions such as Factory Reset, System Format, Wipe Data and the possibility of installing different apps. Keep in mind that the Stock recovery is pre-installed and doesn’t support a touchscreen mechanism. In order to navigate between options when you are using the recovery Mode, you will have to use the Power and the Volume Buttons. There are different ways to enter the recovery Mode on your HTC One. In most cases, you would enter the Recovery Mode using the hardware buttons. Another popular option is to use Quick Boot (Reboot) app, which is a very simple solution.
How to enter the recovery Mode on your HTC One using the Hardware Buttons
- Disable the Fastboot option on your HTC One, going to Settings, then Battery and selecting Uncheck the Fastboot key at the bottom of the screen.
- Switch your HTC One off and allow a few seconds until the process is completed.
- The next step is to press and hold the Volume Down key at the same time as you press the Power button to switch on the device. Release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume button. This will prompt your device to boot into the bootloader mode, which is almost the same as entering the recovery Mode.
- After a boot option appears on the screen, you will enter the Recovery Mode. There are many options to select from, just press the Volume Down to go to Recovery.
- Press the Power Button and then boot into Recovery Mode. From the Recovery Mode, use the Volume Up and Down buttons to select between options.
How to enter the Recovery Mode on HTC One using Quick Boot (Reboot) App
A practical alternative is to use an app that allows you to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode. This is the easiest method, but you should note that it only works if your HTC One has been rooted. Below is how you enter the Recovery Mode with the Quick Boot (Reboot) App.
- Download the Quick Boot (reboot) app. You can find the app on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antaresone.quickreboot and install it on your HTC One.
- Once the app has been downloaded and it is on your smartphone, open it and allow Root Access.
- You will see a list of options available that you can choose from. Select Recovery to boot your device into Recovery Mode. That is all, now you can access the Recovery Mode on your HTC One.