Nothing more makes it better than having dual monitors when working at home. One highly recommended portable monitor is Lepow. It is reliable, trustworthy and highly rated. Though this is the case, there are times when you would encounter some challenges and one of them is the Lepow portable monitor no signal error.
Lepow Portable Monitor No Signal
The portable monitor no signal error means that your device does not support Type-C video signal transmission. This also means that your current monitor power supply is not sufficient. For you to solve this issue, all you have to do is to switch to HDMI display cable and external power source of 5V/2A (10W) or higher. Moreover, you could swap the display cable and sufficient power supply and this would definitely fix the problem.
Lepow Portable Monitor No Signal – Step by Step Troubleshooting
There are three different cables:
- Type C to Type C or more commonly known as USB-C to USB-C – 2-in-1 power and display cable
- Mini-HDMI to HDMI- Display cable
- Type C to USB-A which could function as a power cable or as a display cable
If you are using Type C to Type C cable and you encounter no signal error, this could mean that the device you are using with the cables is incompatible. If this is the case, unfortunately, you would not be able to use the 2-in-1 Type C to Type C cable. Though this is the case, the good news is that your monitor could still work properly through Mini-HDMI to HDMI display cable with Type C to USB-A power cable.
Use An External Power Source of 5V/2A or Higher
Keep in mind, that the Lepow portable monitor doesn’t have built in battery. This means that you would need to turn the monitor on. Though that is the case, there is an exception and this is when you use Type C to Type C cable as this could work as the power and display cable. Hence, if you are using less than 5V/2A, you will have the Lepow portable monitor power saving mode. However, you could also get a no signal message. Hence, you would need to use an external power source 5V/2A or higher.
You could try the following setup:
- Lepow monitor using PS4 slim via Type C to USB-A power cable
- PS4 Slim plugged into the wall outlet
- Lepow monitor connected to PS4 slim through Mini-HDMI to HDMI display cable
Though these setup could work for couple of days it could also encounter the Lepow portable monitor no signal error because there is a possibility that the PS4 slim is not capable of powering USB-C devices. Hence, you would need to find a suitable external power source and connect to the PS4 via display cable.
Keep in mind the following:
- Once you connect your cellphone to your Lepow portable monitor, your cellphone will be charged if the monitor is connected to external power source. Keep in mind that you would need at least 16W charger
- If you would like to adjust your brightness level above 80 percent, this could lead for your external power supply to be insufficient which could lead for your screen to go black. Hence, fix your brightness level to lower level or you could also change the power supply.