How to Fix: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G Won’t Connect to PC
One of the ways to ensure that you have enough space on your Samsung Galaxy S22 is by transferring files to your PC. Though this is a very effective and efficient practice, there are times when things could go wrong such as your PC not being able to recognize your phone. Do not worry as this could easily be fixed. In this article, we shall provide you a guide on how to fix the mentioned issue. Moreover, through this article, you will also learn important details such as potential causes and reasons as to why your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G cannot connect to your PC. These details are very important in helping you understand the problem which would help you avoid it and solve it in case you encounter it.
Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G Won’t Connect to PC
There are several different causes and reasons as to why your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G would not connect to your PC. One reason could be that there are some cables which would only work to charge your device. This means you will not be able to use it for the purpose of transferring details. Your cable could also be damage. Furthermore, here are some other reasons why your Samsung Galaxy S22 would not connect to PC – not having USB drivers, your Windows or Android OS have temporary issues and many more.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G Won’t Connect to PC?
Connect Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G to the PC as MTP
As mentioned earlier, one of the reasons as to why your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G won’t connect to your PC is due to it being on charging mode. Hence, for you to be able to transfer files, you will have to change it from charging mode to file transfer on both of your devices. To do this, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G to your PC using OEM-provided charging cable.
- On your notification panel, select Android System or USB preferences
- Change USB charging this device to File Transfer of MTP
User Developer Options
- Navigate to Settings
- Select system
- Click on Developer Options
- Select Default USB Configuration
- Select File Transfer or MTP
Use Different USB Port
One of the first things you must do is to check if your USB port is physically damaged. If your USB port is damaged, this could be one of the reasons as to why your Samsung Galaxy S22 would not connect to your PC. Hence, you will have to change it for you to be able to solve the issue.
Check the Charging Cable
Another reason as to why you are experiencing the mentioned issue or problem is due to your cable is damaged. It could be twisted, bended or has a cut on it. It could also be that your cable is not compatible as well. Hence, we suggest for you to try a different cable. Of course, using the original cable is still the best option.
Update the MTP driver of your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G on the PC
- Download your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G’s driver
- Connect your phone to your PC. Ensure that you use compatible USB cable.
- Press Windows + X button on your PC
- Navigate to Device Manager
- Expand Portable Device
- Find on your phone device manager list. Right click on it and select update driver.
- Browse the folders of your PC
- Look for the driver which you have downloaded earlier
- Install it and check if it is now working.
Android File Transfer Utility for Mac
- Download Android File Transfer
- Launch the app from your applications folder
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G to Mac with USB cable
Run Windows Device Troubleshooter
- Open the CMD or Windows PowerShell with admin privileges
- Type msdt.exe-id DeviceDiagnostic and press enter
- Once Hardware and Devices troubleshooter appears on your screen, run on-screen instructions.
Use Another PC
Try to check where the problem is coming from, we highly suggest that you try to use a different PC.
Visit an Authorized Service Center
If you have tried everything and nothing worked, it is then time to go to an authorized service center and let them check what the problem really is.