It is surprising to learn that you could use WhatsApp without phone number or SIM card. Yes, this is possible. Through this article, you will be able to learn two tried and tested methods on how to use WhatsApp without the use of any phone number or SIM on your Android tablet, PC, iPad or even your mobile phone.
Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM
There are two ways which allows you to use the popular messaging app, WhatsApp without phone number or SIM card. However, before we go into these methods in detail, it is important that you know what are the requirements for you to be able to make the mentioned methods work.
- Download WhatsApp on your device – tablet, phone or PC
- If you have already installed WhatsApp to your device, check if you have verified or not your WhatsApp account.
- If you have verified your WhatsApp, ensure you delete your current number from WhatsApp. You could do this by uninstalling your WhatsApp app and reinstall it.
Method 1: Use TextNow to Verify WhatsApp
In this method, by downloading and installing a third party app called TextNow, you will be able to get a number which you could use in replacement of your mobile number or SIM card. To make this work, all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Download TextNow to your device. You could find this on Google Play Store or iTunes App Store or on Windows Phone Store.
- Open TextNow app and take note of your number.
- If you have forgotten your TextNow number, you could find it by:
- Android and iPhone – Click 3-line icon found on the top left corner of your app.
- Windows phone – navigate to People tab
- Open your WhatsApp
- Agree to the terms and conditions of WhatsApp
- Enter your TextNow number
- Wait for SMS verification to fail. This could take about 5 minutes. After the SMS verification fails, you will be prompted to call your number.
- Click call me button
- You will receive an automated call from WhatsApp
- Take note of your verification number given to you by the automated call.
- Enter the verification code in WhatsApp
- Wait for the setup to be completed.
Method 2 – Use Existing Landline to Verify WhatsApp
This second method allows you to use your home phone number or landline number to verify WhatsApp. All you need to do is follow the steps below and you would definitely be able to use WhatsApp without having to use your mobile number or your SIM card.
- Open WhatsApp on your device – phone, tablet or PC.
- Enter your home or landline number when asked by the app. Ensure you enter your country code as well.
- Wait for the verification by SMS to fail. This could take about five minutes or so. Once you are presented with an option of call me, click the call me option. Wait for a call from WhatsApp on your home phone or landline number.
- Enter verification Code – You will get an automated call from WhatsApp on your landline number. You will be given a 6- digit verification code. Take note of this verification number. Enter the verification code into WhatsApp.
- Complete the Setup Process – Once WhatsApp has verified your device and has completed its setup process, you could now start using WhatsApp and communicate with your friends without using any mobile number or SIM card.
That concludes our guide on how to use WhatsApp without the use of mobile number or SIM card. We hope you were able to learn a lot from our article.