Being able to share content from your Samsung Galaxy S5 is a very convenient feature that offers a lot of advantages. Quick Connect is the powerful solution that enables you to share important data with other devices (including Android smartphone and computers) in a fast and easy way. You can use WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity, or stream content to selected TVs that support DLNA. The Quick Connect’s shortcut is always available on the notification bar of your phone and it is not possible to remove it. The best you can do is to learn how to take advantage of Quick Connect to share files across your devices.
Before going through the steps to share content with other devices, it is important to keep in mind a few important aspects. The first thing to consider is that the type of connection may vary and it depends on the receiving device or the kind of data that you are sharing. Bear in mind that the name of the device could be different, depending on the type of Bluetooth device that it is being paired with. Before you continue, it is important to check that the device’s screen is not turned off and that the Quick Connect feature is supported. Otherwise, the process outlined below won’t work.
How to share content with other devices using your Galaxy S5
1. The first thing that you need to do is to check the content that you would like to share. This can be videos, photos, audio files or anything else.
2. As you check the content, make sure that you pull down the Notification Panel using two fingers in the swiping gesture, from the top part of the screen to the lower part of it.
3. The Quick Connect button is available on the Notification Panel. Tap on it. Keep in mind that when you use a two-finger swipe gesture to open the Notification panel, Bluetooth is enabled immediately.
4. Quick Connect will start looking for available devices near you and at the same time, your Samsung Galaxy S5 will be displayed to other devices.
5. Quick Connect will display the list of devices that are available to establish a connection to them. In order to select the device you want to connect to, you just need to tap on it.
6. Once you have selected the device, you will see a message letting you know what actions can be completed with the selected device.
7. The next step is to select the option that says “Send the selected content” to the closest device that you have chosen
8. Allow some time for the receiver to accept the content that you are sharing so that the process can be completed.
That is all you need to do in order to launch Quick Connect on Samsung Galaxy S5 and to be able to share content with other devices. Quick Connects is a versatile solution and it is also possible to connect to a computer. However there are a few conditions that need to be met in order to be able to establish this connection. First of all, Samsung Link has to be installed on your computer and on the phone. Your computer also has to be registered with Samsung Link. In addition, the computer and the Samsung Galaxy S5 have to be connected to the same network. Once you have confirmed that your computer and your Samsung Galaxy S5 are ready to connect, you can follow the below process.
How to connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to a computer
1. Tap on the Back key a few times or press the Home Button to access your phone’s Home screen
2. From the Home screen, pull down the Notification Panels using a swiping gesture from the Status bar to the lower part of the screen
3. In the Notifications Panel, tap on the Quick Connect button to check what devices are available that you can connect to
4. Quick Connect will show a list of devices available nearby. You can tap on Connect from the list of devices shown. The list includes available computers so all you need to do is to select the computer that you wish to connect to.
5. To complete the connection, follow the instructions on-screen. Now you should be able to easily share content with your computer, thanks to Quick Connect