If you are an Android phone user, you must have experience your phone turning off automatically. This is designed to conserve battery. Though this may seem very useful especially when you are trying to keep your phone alive for longer time, we know sometimes it could be annoying. In fact, there are times when we would like to stop this mentioned feature. Do not worry as this is possible. All you have to do is read further, learn and follow step by step the guide provided below.
Android Phone Turning Off Automatically
Android phones usually automatically sleep after 30 seconds to 1 minute of not navigating or using it. This feature allows you to conserve the battery life of your phone. Though to some this could be very useful and convenient, some would see this as very annoying and inconvenient especially to those who would want to use their phone as hands free. They would have to keep tapping their phone to keep the device awake.
Fortunately, there are ways to stop your Android phone from sleeping or turning off automatically.
Take note that unlike iPhones, Android phones do not have an option that will keep your screen turned on for a long period of time. Though that is the case, most Android phones will be able to allow you to keep your screen awake for 30 minutes which is more than enough for you to use your phone hands free.
How Stop Android Phone from Turning Off Automatically?
To be able to stop your android phone from automatically turning off, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to and open Setting on your Android Phone.
- Once you are at the setting screen, scroll down and find the Display option. You will be able to locate this under device subheading.
- Click Display
- Take in mind that if you are using Samsung and other Android devices, sleep option could appear on its Screen Timeout option.
- A popup menu will appear giving you time options.
- Select 30 minutes or your preferred length of time.
- Currently, Android devices’ longest duration for your screen to be awake is 30 minutes. This is more than enough for you if you are using your phone hands free.
Sleep or Screen Timeout Option Not Available?
There are few Android devices or phones like Xiaomi phone that have their Sleep or Screen Timeout Option under “Display Settings”. Take in mind that this option could be hidden in their Lock Screen and Security screen. For more detailed step by step guide, check below:
- Go to and open Settings of your Android phone.
- Once you are on the Settings screen, scroll down
- Look for and tap on Lock Screen and Password option. You will find this under System & Device section.
- On the next screen go and tap sleep or screen timeout option
- A popup will appear with different time option that would keep your phone awake. Choose or select the longest available option or your preferred length of time you would like for your phone to stay awake.