Todoist is an efficient online task management solution that allows you to keep track of your daily activities. You can organize your appointments, social commitments and projects without stress. Todoist helps you to prioritize tasks and delegate them when needed, making sure that you meet all your deadlines. It lets you manage everything from simple home tasks like your grocery list, to work projects that require collaboration. You can create to-do lists for each are of your life to keep track of what you need to complete. Instead of spending a lot of time planning your day, just let Todoist take care of the organization while you focus on getting things done.
Doist’s Todoist can be used on Android, iOS, Chrome and even Outlook and your web browser. It offers a simple way to manage tasks, personal and professional projects. You can get an overview of your daily or weekly schedules and assign due dates to make sure that you stay on top of your progress. Todoist also lets you share to-do list with your family, friends or work colleagues. While initially it may take you some time to get used to the way it works, once you get the hang of it, Todoist will become the best solution to improve your productivity. We have created a list of tips that will allow you to enjoy this convenient app to the fullest.
Add color to your projects for easier overview
In order to get a clearer visibility of what you have to do, you can add color to your projects to differentiate them. This is specially helpful when you have a lot going on. To add or change the color of your projects, you can follow these steps:
- Swipe left on the project and tap the pencil icon. This will allow you to edit the project.
- Tap “Color”.
- Select the color that you want to assign to that project. Organizing your projects using different colors will allow you to keep track of them without confusion.
How to use sub-projects
If you have a busy schedule, you may feel overwhelmed by the amount of tasks that require your attention. Todoist offers the possibility of organizing projects according to type, which gives you a clearer overview of what you need to do. You can set up a main category and then sub-projects related to that project. This allows you to break down the list of tasks so that you can tackle them more effectively. Here is how to create a sub-project in an easy way.
- Under the Projects tab, select Add Project
- Enter the name of the main project and then tap Parent.
- The Parent project can be a general category like “Home” and under that, you can set up sub-projects like “Garden” and “Kitchen”, for instance.
Add labels to tasks & tasks to Projects more efficiently
Adding labels allows you to filter tasks quickly. There are special character that are designed to help you to save time. Here is what you can do to enter tasks to a project or to label tasks quickly.
- While entering a task, use an @ symbol and type or select the label name that you want. This will allow you to add a label to a task.
- Use the # symbol to add your task to a Project. You just need to enter “#” before the name of the project and the task will be added to it.
Take advantage of the natural language support feature
Todoist supports natural language processing and it offers top performance when you opt for this feature. It is a great solution for daily tasks or tasks that you need to complete on regular intervals. It makes things simple and it shows why Todoist is trusted by millions of users who need an effective way to boost their productivity.
Enter or mark tasks as done easily using 3D Touch and the Todoist Widget
If you are using iOS 10, you can take advantage of the considerable improvements that it offers when it comes to 3D Touch. There are additional widgets that allow you to access information with a simple look. You can do the following to use the 3D Touch and the Todoist widget more effectively.
- Use 3D Touch on the Todoist app icon to access its 3D touch menu.
- You will be able to add a new task, see the current tasks, or the tasks for the coming week. Additionally, you can mark a task as done.
- In the Today View, tap “Add Widget” to add Todoist’s tasks to your widget screen. This will enable you to mark completed tasks within seconds and to add new options easily.