Your Apple ID password is the key that helps you to unlock all the great services and features that Apple offers. If you have an iPhone, iPad or any other Apple device, you have an Apple ID. The Apple ID and the password are crucial pieces of information that you need in order to get access to the App Store, iCloud, Apple Music, the iTunes Store and more. Forgetting your Apple credentials can be very frustrating, but the good news is that you can easily reset your password. Although it is not possible to recover your password, Apple allows you to reset it so that you can get back access to all the service supported. The process is very simple and it can be completed from your iOS device, Mac, or any other device using a web browser. Below you will find the steps that you can follow when you need to reset your Apple ID password.
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the following link: https://appleid.apple.com/ to access My Apple ID page. There you can select the “Reset My Password” option.
- Now you will need to enter your Apple ID email address. This would be something like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, select Next. If the issue is that you can’t remember your Apple ID, don’t worry. You can select “Forgot Apple ID” and you will be redirected to the page where you can recover it.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID, you will have three options to reset your Apple ID password. The first is to answer your security questions. Alternatively, you can use email authentication to reset the password. You can also use two-step verification if you have previously set it up. Just keep in mind that you will need a trusted device and recovery key for this option.
Option 1 – Answer Security Questions
- If you prefer to reset the password by answering your security questions, you just need to choose this option and then hit Next.
- Select your birth date and then choose Next again. You will be asked to provide answers to your Security questions. After that, you will be able to enter a new Apple ID password and you can finish by selecting Reset Password.
Option 2 – Email Authentication
- In this case, you just need to choose the “Email Authentication” option and then select Next. You will see a message letting you know that an email has been sent. Once you receive the sign in information, you can follow the instructions in the email to reset your Apple ID password.
- Keep in mind that the email will be sent to your primary email address or the email address that you have designated as rescue email address.When you receive the email from Apple, you will get a Reset Password link. This will take you to the Apple ID page and there, you can create a new password for your Apple ID.
Option 3 – Two-Step Authentication
- The first step here is to enter your recovery Key and select a trusted device. You will receive a device verification code from Apple.
- Once you get the code, you just need to enter it. Then you will have the option to create a new Apple ID password when you choose the Reset Password option. As previously mentioned, the Two-Step Authentication method can only be completed if you can access your trusted device and if you have your recover key. Otherwise, it won’t be possible to change your Apple ID password this way.